Monday, January 19, 2009

9 Months

This weekend Aurora turned 9-months old, which means she's been alive out in the world for exactly as long as she was in my tummy!

Today was also Aurora's 9-month well-baby visit. First, we found out that she weighs 17 lbs 4 oz, which means she's only in the 30th percentile now. Dr. Sood thought that perhaps she needs to be eating more, but it seems to me that she's perfectly proportionate, as she's in the 30th percentile for height as well (and she does have a little tummy going on!).

I can't say that she's perfectly healthy though. Dr. Sood looked in her ears and knew right away that she has an ear infection. She was surprised that I hadn't noticed anything earlier. She asked if Rora had been acting fussy, and I said "No, she's happy all the time!" It's true; she's been cute and smiley, sleeping and eating great, and I've just figured that any little ear tugging or irritability have been due to teething.

Her eyes have been goopy the last couple of days too, and she's had a perpetually runny nose. She's actually kind of a mess right now! As I was driving home from the pharmacy - picking up amoxicillin and eye gel for Aurora - I got a call that her blood test came back and she's slightly anemic, so I have to start giving her iron supplements. We have another appt in 2-weeks, and I'm confident she'll be back to normal by then.

Before signing out, I'd like to mention that today's my mom's birthday!!! Happy birthday Grandma Slane!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure sweet little Aurora will be fine in no time, and thanks for the birthday wishes!

Nancy said...

Happy birthday Aurora--9 months. I missed it Sunday--sorry. Hope you had a happy 9 month day.

Being small runs on my side of the family. My grandparents on my father's side were only 5 feet tall each. I'm 5'2". Hope she didn't get these genes. It's just easier if you're a bit taller but the up side is you never have to worry about a date being taller than you are. However, my mother's side of the family were tall people. My brother is almost 6 ft. You can't tell now how tall she will be but I expect she will be taller than me by a few inches but not tall by today's standards. That's actually good for a girl.