Thursday, September 18, 2008

5 months

Today is Aurora’s 5-month birthday, and it also happens to be Bianca’s birthday and Lance Armstrong’s birthday. When Rora was 1-month old, Sue said something like “can you even remember life before her?” and I was like… uhm, yeah, it was only a month ago! But now, after 5-months, it’s hard to believe there was ever a time before Aurora. She has certainly become a sweet little part of our family.

Her latest near-accomplishment is that she’s starting to sit up on her own… sort of! Okay, so she still needs a little help, but she’s SOOO CLOSE!

The funniest thing that’s been happening lately is that she’s decided that daddy is better admired from afar. When he’s across the room, all she wants to do is smile and love him, but as soon as he comes and picks her up, she wants mommy back. What's that all about?

On the home front, the siding and balcony are done as of yesterday, so the painting and the construction workers are gone. The Internet went out again but is back now, and the satellite guys will come out next week to get the TV back up and running. I got a cabinet guy to demo the damaged cabinet this morning, and the flooring will be installed next week. The new cabinet may take a little longer to build, but it’ll be here before long.

And on the work front, things will be changing soon. Chuck’s company is getting ready to move into a new office, and once that’s ready he’ll be hiring a couple of full-time artists and going in a few days a week. I know my time working reduced hours is also coming to a close soon, so I’ve already notified Aurora’s daycare she’ll be starting full-time October 1st. I’ll be sad to see our Tuesday/Thursday half days go, but I think these will all be good changes. For now…

I have to say, having so much going on at once has been a little overwhelming, and I'm kind of in a funk today. It'll be nice when all I have to really focus on is being a working mom and putting food on the table. That's quite enough!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hapyy five months baby Aurora! She is so cute I can't wait to squeeze her!

Anonymous said...

I already left a birthday greeting for Aurora through email. Hope you got it. Yes, time is going. I can see so many changes in Aurora since my visit when she was 3 weeks old. I'm glad for the blog and pictures which keep me up to date on her progress. Can't wait to see her in person again.

So many changes in the household too. Change can be good once we get used to it. Good luck to all of you. Grandma Nancy

Anonymous said...

5 months already!? Where does the time go, huh? So glad you're enjoying (and capturing) every amazing moment. She's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Aurora!

Sounds like your daddy's job is going well, and he still finds time to spend with his baby girl. Glad to hear that the Wadey family is surviving all the construction. It will probably seem like a new house when it is complete. You'll have to provide a video tour when it is complete.
Cheezhead Robin

Anonymous said...

I want to know what Prop 15 is...If you're going to advertise it on the internet, you should explain! I need to find an "I'd vote for Obama" onesie for Rora... :o)