Thursday Chuck was so busy that I felt bad leaving the baby with him for 5 hours while I went off to work. So, as soon as I got home I grabbed her and let him get to work. Normally he helps give her a bath; I run the water and grab the towels, and he undresses her and brings her over to me - holding her at full arm’s length mind you, just incase any bodily fluids escape. This time I figured I would do it alone, no problem! I’ve done it before. Well, let’s just say this time I did things in the wrong order. First I undressed her, then I brought her with me into the bathroom and sat her little naked bottom on my lap while I ran the water. Note to self: running water = peeing baby.
That day he moved his computer upstairs with the baby and turned the music on. She quickly conked out for her afternoon nap, and he actually emailed this photo to me at work. It made me smile.
Then I came home to THIS! He was out checking the progress of the siding project, in just about the most stylish outfit ever. I guess that’s just a perk of working from home.
Friday morning I headed off to work just after 7am, leaving Chuck & Aurora asleep at home. So, Chuck brought Rora to daycare, and he said when he got there, Carole had another baby, Adi, on her lap. Well, Adi looks a lot like Aurora - they both have cute little noses, bald heads, and while sitting in Carole’s lap I’m sure she looked about the same size. When Chuck went to hand Aurora to Carole, Adi shouted out “Daddy!” Can you imagine his surprise!? Not only isn’t he her daddy, he’s never heard a baby talk!!! Adi’s actually 8 months old, but I can totally imagine him thinking at first that she was about Rora’s age and just being shocked. It’s amazing how much difference a few months can make.
This weekend Chuck & I both had dreams about Tater. She recently peed on the carpet and pooped outside our bedroom door. Not okay! Chuck dreamed that of course she was upset with us, because we’d gotten a fluffy white kitty that she hated! I dreamed that she pooped on our blanket on our bed while we were sleeping, and we threw her out the window onto the roof to be an outdoor kitty. Then (in my dream) I saw foxes and wolves outside devouring all the outdoor kitties and I started to cry, but some sort of metal bird scarecrow held up by helium balloons was keeping me from opening the window to go get her. Strange.
Today Robin sent me the description for a show she’s going to take Grandma Nancy to while she’s visiting the Chicago area this week. It’s called Funny, You Don't Look Like A Grandmother. I can’t wait to hear her review of it – it sounds very silly, and oh so appropriate for the new grandmother of two.
And this evening, we gave our little Rora rice cereal for the first time. I had made up my mind I’d wait to begin solid foods until at least her 5-month birthday, but my friend Bethany gave me the idea that I could mix some in with her evening bottle to thicken it up and perhaps keep her fuller longer so she’ll sleep better. The pediatrician actually said that one sign she’s ready for solids is that she wakes up more in the night again, which is exactly what’s been happening lately. I didn’t add too much, so we’ll see if it makes a difference!
Here’s a cute picture of my girl from earlier today, practicing her feet-grabbing and sitting-up skills while watching a DVD.
Tomorrow we're having breakfast with Bethany and her 2 kiddos - Orion who's 2 years old, and Atticus who is just about 1 month old. I just found out Raquel had her son, Julian, too... babies babies everywhere!!! Congrats to both new mommies!
3 comments:
Zeland was like a week old and I was changing his diaper on my bed and not only did Zeland pee on me he pooped too! Andrew was mortified...I thought it was pretty funny!
Too bad about tater. Tough times for cat lovers.
Once when Preston was a little baby, I was changing his diaper and he started to pee (the boys pee up in the air and accross the room)and I was so busy trying to cover myself that I was totally not prepared for him to also shoot poop all over the carpet. Fun times.
My neighbor just asked me to cat sit her indoor cat while she is on vacation for two weeks. This cat is on it's last legs and taking medication and is not in good shape. She actually gave me permission to take her cat in and have it put down while she is gone if I deem it necessary. Yikes, like I would do that...not. I am sure the cat can make it another couple of weeks.
Normally it's the boy babies that you have to watch out for. Both Charlie and Andrew gave their pediatrians an eyeful when they were newborns. I was always very careful when changing diapers and bathing them and I managed to survive their babyhoods without getting "sprayed." Maybe I won't be so lucky with my grandkids. That will be okay since I "missed out" with my own babies. Grandma Nancy
Post a Comment