Monday, June 23, 2008

Go to your room!

For the past few weeks, Aurora’s been sleeping 6-8 hours per night in her pack ‘n’ play bassinet at the foot of our bed. Having her in our room has been great because we can hear every noise she makes. It’s not so great because she can hear every noise we make, and every noise the cat makes. Turns out, the only one who refuses to sleep through the night around here these days is Tater. She wakes me up at 5am, and then I lay there listening to the baby’s noises, hoping she doesn’t wake up too.

Here's how we've had our bedroom set-up:

My goal was to have her sleeping through the night in her crib in the nursery by the time I go back to work, and while I have about 3-weeks of maternity leave left, she’s been doing so well that we decided it was time to make the move. So, this weekend Aurora slept soundly in her own room for almost 8 hours each night, while the cat woke me up even more than usual. Saturday night I think Tater figured Aurora was gone, so she wanted to purr all night to thank me for choosing her. She was sorely disappointed when I brought a hungry baby back into our bedroom at 6am for a feeding.

Yesterday the pack ‘n’ play made its way downstairs, where we will be glad to have a nap spot and changing station, but it’s strange having our bedroom back to normal. As difficult as that first month of multiple middle of the night feedings was, and as happy as I am to have a baby who sleeps so well, it's a strange feeling having her graduate into her own room... I guess it's time to have another baby! Okay, not really.

Here are a couple of nice photos from yesterday’s breakfast at Tacodeli with Amelia & Patrick. It was a beautiful, albeit very hot day.

3 comments:

Julian said...

Good for you!

Alexis D. said...

Wow! Maybe Rora can teach lessons! Can't wait for her to meet our little one :-)

Turpin Family said...

Wow! Independent already and such a great sleeper! Yeah for Aurora!