Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Going out and growing up

After our parents left, we had about a week of complete downtime. It's always nice to relax, but it didn’t take long for me to get stir crazy. Soon I started scheduling social engagements. Lots of ‘em.

On Friday we had lunch with Teresa; Saturday we went mall walking with Gina and her 5-month old twins, then Bethany (7-months pregnant) came over to meet Aurora; Sunday we had Sue and her two sons over and then went to yoga; yesterday we had lunch with Julie and her 6-month old son Ramsey, then went to visit Brooke, who is 8-months pregnant with twins. Tomorrow we have lunch with Daniela & Brittany, and on Thursday Katie arrives from Washington. She’ll be visiting for over a week, and you can be sure we’ll have plenty of fun outings to report!

Today’s yoga class was packed. There were about 20 women with babies ranging from 4-weeks to 7-months old, and I could hardly believe Rora was ever as small as the 4-week old (and he was born over 7 lbs!). It’s just crazy… she’s getting big so fast! I think she had another growth spurt last night - it’s the second time I’ve felt like I woke up to a bigger baby.

When we brought Aurora home from the hospital, she was a tiny 6 lbs 4 oz. The craziest thing is that she doesn’t necessarily grow all at once – she seems to grow part by part. The first thing I noticed grow was her eyes (while we were still in the hospital). Chuck said she was probably just opening them wider, but I could tell they got bigger. Next her cheeks and chin started growing, followed by her whole head. Next was her tummy, and then one day her skinny thighs bulked up. Next I noticed her hands get wider and thicker, and today I swear she’s longer and chunkier. Her feet haven’t grown too much; probably because they started out so big… they must’ve had their growth spurt while still in my tummy.

I’m torn between wanting her to grow up, and wishing she could stay little forever. I guess since growth is the only option, I’ll just have to enjoy this time while she’s small and be thankful that she’s healthy and happy. Here’s a picture I just took of her sitting on my lap. She likes blogging!

1 comment:

Turpin Family said...

I don't think they make them any cuter.