Saturday, January 26, 2008

This Week

Instead of just kicking and wriggling, I've been feeling the baby move around in my tummy in a much more distinctive way. When I lay on my side and she's sleeping, I can feel her whole body move to that side - and I can feel more clearly when a knee or elbow (or something) is moving across me. It's like there's a real person in there all the sudden!

This is the week when many women opt to get the 4D ultrasound, but at $300 (not covered by insurance), we decided it wasn't necessary... we'll see her when she comes out, and until then we can just assume that she'll have Chuck's nose, my eyes, and perfect little fingers and toes ;) We'll have another regular sonogram in 4-6 weeks.

This week I started researching breast pumps and daycares. I had lunch with the other mom's at work, and they informed me that I need to get on waiting lists for daycare centers now, and shared some websites and suggestions for what to look for and questions to ask. Since I'm not going to New Orleans next week with the rest of the LAF, I'll spend some of that time touring nearby facilities and hopefully finding one that's good enough.

I'm thinking we'll have her in daycare 3-days/week for the first 3-months after maternity leave, and Chuck and I will each take half days from work on the other two. That's the initial plan, but it's always subject to change...

No comments: