That's right folks, as of this morning, we seem to have entered the 3rd trimester. I think I just had a growth spurt in the last 2 days. It's scary to think of how much bigger I'll get in the next 3 months!
Recently I've been experiencing pain in my lower right groin area. At first I had no idea what this could be; a sharp, almost pinching pain that might be slightly alleviated after a trip to the bathroom or resting awhile. At first I thought maybe it was my urinarty tract, bladder or bowels being squished. But yesterday I had a busy day at work, and it just got worse as I powered through it. By the time I got home, it was bad. So I googled it, and if it is what I think it is, it seems to be pretty common.
Round ligament pain. Basically, the ligaments that support my uterus are being way stretched, which can result in pain on one or both sides of my lower abdomen. Other women have described it exactly like what I've been feeling. And it makes sense... but that doesn't make it go away!! When I told Kim Barnett, she said "Well, at least you didn't have morning sickness and all that!" Then totally separately Chuck said "It's about time you experience discomfort during this pregnancy!" Fine - I get it - you have all been secretly waiting for something to cause me pain. Enjoy.
I have no idea how women got through pregnancy before the internet. I guess they'd buy a book or just call the doctor. But it's so easy to be able to google something and find information from medical sites, blogs and interactive forums that answer my questions and put my mind at ease.
PS: Happy Birthday Mom!!
No comments:
Post a Comment