Monday, September 17, 2007

Feelin' hot hot hot

So, today I felt sick at work for the first time, but not just nauseous... like a flu was coming on, achy and even more tired than usual. I kept saying it must've been all the secondhand smoke and heat and walking at ACL, and not getting enough sleep last night, and who knows what else. Maybe something I ate. All I know is that I came home from work with chills and had to throw on all the warmest things I owned and sleep for a couple hours under all my blankets.

As soon as I woke up and my head cleared a bit, I called Chuck to get me some cold water. I was burning up, and not sweating at all. I asked him to search google for fevers during pregnancy, because I suddenly realized that Blueberry could be burning up too and that could be bad.

So, the thermometer read 100.5, and the articles we found said problems can occur if you have a 102 temp or higher, and especially in the first 3-6 weeks when the neural tubes are forming. Phew. So, I've been drinking cold water now and am just trying to force myself to feel better.

I don't think I can eat anything tonight, and I'm just hoping to feel better tomorrow... work's been too busy to take a sick day. But I will if I have to.

UPDATE - 9:22 pm, feeling hotter again, temp up to 101.2 - called doctor's after hours number just to make sure everything's okay. The nurse said she wants my temperature under 100 degrees. Instructed me not to bundle up in layers of clothes and to take extra strength tylenol. Sent Chuck out for extra strength tylenol.

UPDATE - 8:38 am, by the time I went to bed last night (around midnight) the temp was exactly 98.6... amazing. Extra strength tylenol is my new best friend. I didn't sleep very well, but I think today should be a better day.

No comments: