I asked my parents what we should do for our first Christmas together, and they said it was up to me to create whatever traditions I want - so, that's what I did! It was Clark's first Christmas and probably the first Christmas Aurora will remember, but we've had a lot going on so I kept our plans pretty low key.
Yesterday we went to a candlelight service at a local church, which was really beautiful.
We followed that with a nice holiday dinner at home complete with turkey and all the fixins, and enjoyed a relaxing fire in the fireplace with our happy little guy.
We also lit our yahrzeit candle and toasted in memory of Grandpa Sandler. Then today my folks came over for brunch and a full morning of opening gifts. I hadn't realized that twice as many kids meant twice as many presents! It took over 2-hours to unwrap them all.
Aurora picked them up one at a time, read the tag, then patiently opened each one. It was very helpful of her to open all of Clark's presents for him, too!
Everything we got was great - the perfect variety of clothes, books, toys, movies, ornaments, and snacks. We'll be decorating cookies, taking a walk and eating leftovers later today. I suppose we can continue refining our traditions as the years go on, but this seemed just about perfect.






3 comments:
Beautiful photos of your Family Christmas 2012! I recall visiting the Wadeys before the kiddos arrived, probably about 5 years ago. Enjoyed meeting your parents while they were visiting Austin over the holidays, too. The side trip to San Antonio was also a highlight with so many spectacular decorations along the riverfront.
We enjoyed our Christmas Day Buffet at the Baker Street Pub in Kenosha, followed by a neighborhood drive to view the many local Christmas displays. We also had a nice chat with Nancy while driving.
When I was a kid, we always opened Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve with the family, followed by a big dinner on Christmas Day.
Visiting with our small family is always enjoyable anytime of year!
Everybody is looking good! have fun, love, susanna
Sounds like a relaxing, enjoyable day. That's the way Christmas should be. So glad we got to Voicetalk. It was almost as good as being with you.
Post a Comment