We've been spending our evenings enjoying Austin. Last night we went out to catfish for dinner, and tonight I took my parents to the Trail of Lights. Not the one at Zilker Park... that is WAY too crowded this year with upwards of 40,000 people in attendance per night. Instead, we went to the Lakeway Trail of Lights, which is a lot smaller but wasn't crowded at all. It was perfect!
I know that driving, moving, and trying to make the house livable has been really hard on my parents, and they have a lot more work ahead. Amazingly, they've been in much better spirits than I expected and are taking the time to enjoy the holiday season with our family (which was the whole point of coming to Austin, after all). I'm sure the days will continue to get easier and their nights more restful as they settle in to their little home.





4 comments:
Beautiful photos, looks like fun. Glad your folks are enjoying Austin already while getting settled. How does Joey like his new home & town?
Joey's doing fine. He's a sweet boy, he's a little hard to control so he's spending a lot of time in the car, but hopefully once they fence in part of the yard that'll get easier.
Congratulations to Robert and Ellen for safely arriving in Austin! and have lots of fun together, Love, susanna & johnny
Glad everyone has been able to enjoy the season despite the moving. The pictures of the lights in Lakewood are impressive. I went to the Los Abrigados Festival of Lights, but have not made it to anything else. It has gotten really cold here.
Post a Comment