The kid's have been settling in to their summer routine, which has basically been no routine! They hung out with Grandma Nancy at home for a few days this week before she headed back to AZ. Clark's been telling me how much he liked being with his Grandma and I know he appreciated the unstructured time at home. We don't get a lot of that in our lives. I remember childhood summers spent playing with neighbors, riding bikes, coloring and watching Saturday morning cartoons - before you could watch cartoons on demand, on any screen. Sometimes I worry that we're structuring their lives too much, but it takes them awhile to settle into unstructured days so having a few things on the calendar is always a good thing. This weekend our only scheduled activities were a Home Depot workshop and summer kid's club movie at the Alamo Drafthouse.


Tomorrow they both start Summer Blast, a day camp run by Aurora's after school program. Aurora is SO excited and I'm sure Clark will have a good time. His teacher sent this picture on the last day of school and I know a few of his classmates will be there.
They'll be in Summer Blast for 7-weeks and I'm sure they'll both make new friends and have a good time. Their summer schedule will be a little like school, but with later and more relaxed mornings, which is a routine I think we'll all enjoy...
3 comments:
Sounds like a great start to the summer! I'm sure the kids will enjoy Summer Blast.
I hope the summer school is a lot more relaxed than regular school. love, susanna
Nice photos! Summer Blast sounds cool, a combo of school on a lighter schedule, always something to do, keep in touch with classmates. Kids have it easy today, LOL.
Post a Comment