This weekend ended the way it started - with a lively game of Apples to Apples. Julian, Hansen and Lillie are visiting from Seattle and we've really enjoyed hanging out and exploring Austin together. The weather has been perfect for a boat tour of Townlake, an outdoor concert at the Hill Country Galleria, and several leisurely walks with Finley. We've had pizza, burgers, Tex-Mex, and Amy's Ice Cream. They've been to Half Price Books (twice), visited the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue, and we even had time to do nails and bake cookies!
Aurora absolutely adores having her grandparents, uncle and cousins around. The last time we saw the Slane family, Lillian was closer to Aurora's age, Aurora was Clark's age, Clark wasn't even a twink, and well... I don't think we saw Preston on that trip either. It's a bummer that the time and expense of travel make trips like this so rare.
Julian, Hansen and Lillie are on Spring Break and will be here through Thursday morning. I'm not sure if this will call for a mid-week post or if you'll just have to check Julian's blog once he's home for the full scoop, but there is definitely more in store.





6 comments:
It's been a fun weekend for sure!
Hi Amber, It's wonderful to see everybody together! I'm sure there's been something for everyone. have fun, Love, susanna
It's really cool having everybody here. Clark is happier to see Finley than anybody else, and for some reason the Wadeys are dominating in Apples to Apples, though we're clearly outnumbered. Today I'm working and the kiddos are at school so we're planning a long lunch break together downtown. I can't wait!
Awesome family photo, Finley fits right in, LOL! Since I was a "late" baby, most of my cousins were at least 10 years older than me, including my sister, LOL. Nice that your kiddos are relatively similar in age. Looks like you picked some fun places to visit, nice variety for all.
have Hansen and Lillie been down south before? love, sp
Susanna, it seems this was the farthest either little Slane had ever been!
Post a Comment