Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Weekend

When I first started this blog, it was simply meant as a way to chronicle my personal thoughts and adventures into motherhood. It quickly became a place for family and friends in every corner of the country to watch Aurora grow, and now that I've been at it for 8 years (!!!) I feel like it's sort of morphed into something else; a family blog where nearly almost every post starts with "This weekend..." So, this weekend I'm changing the name of the blog. My intention is to post every Sunday night, but I may sneak in a mid-week entry here and there where birthdays, holidays and vacations are concerned. I realize readership has declined in recent years, but I hope my loyal readers like the new concept! On to this weekend with the Wadeys...

Aurora's been having sleepovers for years, but Friday night she went to her first slumber party. I don't have a ton of awesome memories from slumber parties when I was younger (aside from Katie's house, where they'd make homemade donuts in the mornings), but it sounds like this one was a huge success! I'd say her friend Melody has very brave parents.


The rest of the weekend was all about Easter (well, and taxes, laundry, running, shopping... eh, let's just call it all Easter). The kids got awesome baskets from their Grandma & Grandpa, we dyed eggs, made cute cupcakes, and were thrilled to discover that the EB made a stop at our house! We also enjoyed a petting zoo (REAL BUNNIES!!!) and another egg hunt at a friend's house.


Aurora says Easter is her favorite holiday because she loves the colors and bunnies and candy and, well let's face it... because it means it's almost her birthday. We have a few more awesome weekend adventures planned before we get to that. See you next weekend!

5 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...


Interesting new concept, especially as Clark becomes more active. I really enjoy your writing and photography. It is a nice way to keep up with the new generation & family since we all live so far away.

As a marketer, I need to see what is important to younger generations. Also, with all the constant bad news, it is nice to divert to some fun news. The Wadeys are constantly doing something new & different.

Through Facebook, I have reconnected with family, co-workers, school mates, business colleagues & friends, plus their families & friends. Too bad Chuck's mom, Nancy, isn't more involved, but she is not that much into computers, LOL. Glad to see your folks participating. Your mom has truly inspired you and your brother, Julian.

Hope to see more photos of Finley in the new blog, LOL!

Ellen said...

Cool new look!

Anonymous said...

I love the new look - I loved the previous one too! What a wonderful photograph of your family. Thanks for taking the time to write your posts - your life is so full. May God continue to bless all of you. Molly in NH

Susanna Powers said...

Hi Amber, I'm glad that Chuck is featured in the photo at top! I appreciate learning about you and your family. Love, susanna

Unknown said...

Love the new styling of your blog! The family photo is great-you guys are just adorable.
Great job on your half-marathon-amazing that you were feeling so bad and then did so awesome.
You are definitely an inspiration. Looks like Easter was a blast.

I really miss our weekly visits. Maybe we can remedy that soon!!

Miss you,
Nicolette