Sunday, March 13, 2016

Party People

After 7 years of birthday parties and library activities, I figured we'd gone, done, and seen just about everything. This weekend, that theory was proven wrong! Today's discerning 4-year olds aren't all opting for bounce house birthdays. Yesterday we went to Little Yoga House for an absolutely adorable kids yoga class. I really wanted to join in!


This morning we went to a sweet "Dragons Love Tacos" themed party at Book People. They read stories, lead crafts, and of course - we all had tacos (and cake).


We've been to Book People before but had never been to a party there. The goodie bags included $5 gift cards, so we let our party people pick out $5 books before heading home.


We don't buy a ton of books these days as we really do spend a lot of time at our local library. This weekend we didn't check out books - we checked out FENCING! Aurora enjoyed it so much, she asked if she could join the Fencing Club and take weekly lessons. I'm not sure our lives can accommodate extracurricular activities like this, but I'd consider a short stint over the summer.


What a fun start to Spring Break. I'm taking this week off with the kids and hoping we can find a few more activities we've never done before.

3 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...


Wow, kids today have so many interesting opportunities to explore their interests. Nice that you make the time to get the kiddos to so many events.

Ellen said...

What cool parties! And the library has some amazing activities - I'll never forget the bagpipers!

Julian said...

Amazing!