We've had a lot of Wadey's in the house this past week! My parents went back to Florida and Uncle Andrew joined Nancy and Zeland for the remainder of their visit. I went to work everyday but not before putting together a fun itinerary for the family. They went to the Austin Aquarium, the Nature and Science Center, the Library, Kirbey Lane, Burger King, and spent countless hours at home playing video games. We had dinner together each evening and on Wednesday we went to the Lakeway Trail of Lights afterwards.
The sleeping situation was a little tight as the family played musical beds between the foldout couch, Aurora's bed, and the little fold out cushions - but it worked out just fine.
I'm sure Nancy would love that I posted a picture of her sleeping! It's okay, she hasn't read my blog in months (maybe years). The AZ Wadey's went home yesterday and we had a quiet NYE. We went out to a nice dinner, watched some neighborhood fireworks out the window and turned in early. I was way too tired to stay up 'til midnight!!! Today we took down the Christmas decorations, did all the laundry, and just like that - it's 2016. I've been ramping up my half marathon training and I'm hoping my job gets more interesting in the year ahead. I'm thinking this might be the year we take Clark on a real vacation. Even when not much is happening, this life certainly is an adventure and I hope you've enjoyed following along. Happy New Year!






6 comments:
Fun photos, looks like everyone had a great time together. The new Aquarium sounds interesting, along with all the other activities.
Love the photo of Nancy sleeping, LOL, plus the light show!
I recall our New Year's with you folks several years ago, and how you loved to watch all the neighborhood fireworks.
Any ideas for a first REAL vacation with Clark in the new year?
Hope y'all have a Wonderful 2016! I do enjoy following your blog, thanks for sharing your photos & thoughts. You folks lead very interesting lives.
hi Amber, happy new year! these photos are so cute. I hope my job gets more interesting too. But this month, our focus is on Johnny as he is scheduled for left-knee replacement on Jan. 11. It's been nice to have our "winter recess" since Christmas eve. love, susanna
Robin, I have this idea that we could drive to FL for Spring Break, stopping in Houston, New Orleans, and Orlando on our way to the beach in Fort Lauderdale. But we might just fly to Disney World. Or Cancun. Ha! We'll see...
The driving trip could be a bit ambitious with 2 kiddos in a car for several days. Disneyworld would be a bit easier, with lots of fun things to do there. The Disneyworld app makes it much easier to navigate the park when you know wait times for each ride.
I am sure you folks will have a good time on any trip. It is nice that you like to do so many things with the kiddos. We would not have the patience for it, LOL.
... or, maybe just another trip to San Antonio ;) We'll see! After viewing your annual newsletter, Robin, I think Clark would enjoy a trip to Australia!!!
We totally agree. Aurora would probably enjoy snorkeling since she loves swimming! I think your awesome kiddos will be future world travelers as they do enjoy learning & doing new things!
Post a Comment