Sunday, January 10, 2016

Eating and Running

This weekend Aurora had yet another sleepover. Presley was celebrating her 8th birthday and after the party, she asked if Aurora could spend the night. How could we refuse? And how on earth are the girls turning 8 this year!?!?! Presley's mom texted me this picture and said they were having so much fun running around and playing, it was hard to get them to stop to eat!


Chuck and I decided to take Clark out to dinner at a new Mexican restaurant in Lakeway. It was really good! And really different with just one kiddo. He brought one of his new Rescue Bots along and insisted on sitting in a high chair, even though there was plenty of room in the booth.


And yes, he wore his hoodie like that pretty much all weekend. It was sunny but very cold - perfect weather for running. I did get a long run in on Saturday morning, which was one mile longer and one minute per mile faster than last weekend's run - which means I went a mile further than last weekend in the exact same amount of time. And yes, that amount of time was 1 hour and 39 minutes, which is a long time to be running at any pace!


I've decided I'm going to do two half marathons this year. Maybe three. Now that I've been running for over a year, the longer distances are coming more easily and I'm enjoying these training runs quite a bit. One awesome thing about doing a long run is that afterwards you can sit around and eat for the rest of the day - heck, for the rest of the weekend! Today I made chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, we took Clark, Aurora and Presley to the Peanuts Movie (which was adorable) and ate way too much popcorn before lunch at Burger King, then had a big dinner with ice cream for dessert. I felt like the Very Hungry Caterpillar eating my way through the weekend! If we win the Powerball, I think I'll spend a majority of my time eating and running. For now, I'd better get ready for another busy week of working and shuttling kids to and from school.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Presley is 8 already? Wow! Cute picture of Clark and Chuck - they look so alike!

Cheezhead Robin said...


Cute photos of BFFs & father/son. Nice that Aurora has such a nice friend to bond with. Your desire to run the marathons is impressive, great inspiration to the kiddos. I never cared for running races, LOL.

I don't think you would want to run in our sub-zero temperatures in Cheezland & Chicago this week, LOL, BRRRRR!

Amber said...

Right! This week it's sunny with lows in the 30's and highs in the 60's - PERFECT running weather.

Julian said...

You'd love it here in the Seattle area! Perfect running weather all the time. We even throw in rain so you don't even need to sweat on your own. A few half marathons, pretty ambitious! Good going!

Amber said...

Julian! I do not like running in the rain!!!