Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ordinary

It seems like we've all settled into a normal back-to-school schedule. Each morning we get up, get dressed, eat breakfast, pack lunches and head out early for school and work. Afterwards, we typically make dinner and watch TV or a movie, though some days we take a neighborhood walk or head to the library before starting our bedtime routine.


On weekends we sleep in just a little. We've been taking the kids to the park in the morning so they can play while I go running, then we food shop, prep lunches for the week, do laundry, play video games, and try to get Clark to nap. This weekend I got a state inspection for my car and scheduled jury duty, got a pedicure and dyed my hair, and Chuck's draining our hot water heater. Just an ordinary week, but never a dull moment!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

What? Chuck's draining the hot water heater? Never a dull moment, for sure. Sounds like a good routine. When we get back, we'll come walk with you.

Amber said...

Random, I know. We had to get a new hot water heater a year ago and the plumber said it's a good idea to drain it once a year to move all the sediment out and keep it running smoothly. So, Chuck marked the calendar, read the manual and did it. It probably wasn't completely necessary, but he does try to be a responsible DIY homeowner. I wish he had more time and motivation to do things around the house! I dye my own hair and sometimes do my own pedicures, but today I went to the nail salon while my car was getting worked on, and it was lovely. Now if only the laundry would put itself away...

Cheezhead Robin said...


Good advice about the hot water heater. We were told the same thing about 10 years ago when we bought a new one. So far it is still working, but it would probably last longer if we found the time to drain it.