Wednesday, September 23, 2015

#BestBirthdayEver

I'm not sure how September snuck up on us so quickly. All week long I've been thinking that it doesn't feel like it could possibly be my birthday yet. I figured maybe once you hit a certain age your birthday simply doesn't feel as special. Then I woke up this morning and BOOM - it was my birthday and it was pretty much the best birthday ever! There were actually FOUR birthdays at work today, which made it so much fun. Kim made fresh-squeezed orange juice for us, Greg brought flowers for me and Kelsey, Rebecca took me out to a fancy and delicious lunch, and a beautiful bouquet of fall flowers arrived without a card indicating who they were from!


Rebecca thought they were probably from Chuck and I said "Not a chance in the world - Chuck doesn't send me flowers at work!" I actually called the flower shop and it turns out they were indeed from Chuck Wadey! I told him I thought this must be the first time he's ever sent me flowers at work and he replied "Definitely the first time in 2015." HA! I had asked him to go grocery shopping over the weekend and have Clark pick out flowers and a cake while Aurora and I were at the Marathon Relay, but poor little Clarkie was sick so the boys stayed home. I ended up baking my own cake (which was delicious) and I certainly did not expect to get flowers.


I also got cute cards in the mail from my parents, Bernice, Nancy and Susanna & Johnny. Susanna's card included an awesome photo circa 1953. Aurora made a card, but she wrote something much more profound a few days back that I wanted to share instead. She found it in a book called Lifetimes and said she could tell it was very important...


Such a sweet girl. I asked Clark to please not cry today as my one birthday request, but that was asking too much. He did get very happy after eating a slice of that chocolate-peanut butter cake! Everybody kept asking why I came to work on my birthday, and I have to say - being at work today was awesome. It truly was the #BestBirthdayEver and I feel so loved. I'm not sure what the last year of my 30's has in store, but I will do my best to enjoy every day of it. Also, I think tomorrow I should probably eat a salad...

2 comments:

Ellen said...

We're glad you had a great birthday. Happy birthday!

Susanna Powers said...

Happy Birthday! That photo of us in the 1950s was in a packet sent to me by Sally, when she packed up to move this year. It had been in a big box in her garage, which had originated with Grandma Bobby and somehow had escaped any hurricanes. There actually were duplicate legacy prints, my father was good at photography, so Preston got one like it and I have the last one!
You have nice people at work and home to make a fuss over you. Love, susanna