Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Flat Aurora

Aurora's first grade class just learned about Flat Stanley and each student made their own flat self to be sent away on an adventure. Flat Aurora was so bright and colorful that I could tell she would love a trip to New Orleans, so we sent her off to my Aunt Susanna & Uncle Johnny. From the looks of it they showed her a great time! She explored Tulane University (where Susanna works) and went to the Congo Square Rhythms Festival at Armstrong Park.


I'm sure that by now Flat Aurora has made her way back to Valley View Elementary and is telling all her flat classmates about her time in Louisiana. If only the REAL Aurora could make the same trip! I'd really love to go visit, but with two small children a 2-hour road trip seems to be about all we have in us these days. Ah well, many thanks to Susanna & Johnny for taking such great care of our baby Flat Aurora! Feel free to send your flat selves to Austin anytime!

3 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...


Wow, what a cool idea to get kids interested in travel. You are always welcome to send flat Aurora to Cheezland for a tour!

Susanna Powers said...

Hi Amber & Aurora! I am thrilled to see Flat Aurora's adventures have made the big time. The real Wadeys will enjoy New Orleans in the future! Johnny and I don't have flat versions to send (in fact we are about to take our 3 dimensional selves to Orange Beach for a week... making us less flat, if you know what I mean). Thanks for sending Flat Aurora to see us. Love, susanna

Ellen said...

What a fun idea! Aunt Susanna and Uncle Johnny did a fantastic job of showing Flat Aurora around - wow!