Aurora's girl scout troop went camping this weekend but we bowed out. We've just had too much going on, and honestly - I didn't want to leave the boys. Luckily, Aurora had so much fun she didn't seem to mind. Our neighbor's finished building their awesome tree house, she played lots of Minecraft with her daddy, and we went to the bank and opened savings accounts for both kids! April is youth savings month and the littles got some cool prizes and incentives for opening new accounts, including a t-shirt and their first $10 deposit, free. Then we went to the Cap10K expo to pick up my race bib and took a nice walk before today's muggy, rainy, foggy 6.1 mile run.
Chuck and I went out to dinner last night (SUSHI!) and dad told me he expected me to finish the 10K in under an hour. Aside from the wet weather, crazy crowds and an incredibly hilly course, I haven't been training much since the half marathon. I finished in 1:05 (and according to my map, covered 6.35 miles) and I must say, I am happy with that! I may just spend the rest of the day sitting on the couch eating blondie bars...





2 comments:
Congrats on the good time - and it looks like you had a good time!
The tree house looks awesome, kids should really enjoy it.
Nice to get kids saving money at an early age. My parents did it for me, too. It makes one appreciate the value of money & saving.
Congrats on the race time, Amber!
Post a Comment