As you know, this year we're bringing date nights back! So far we've gone to a concert, saw Wicked, and this weekend we headed to Pinot's Palette for some wine and painting. We worked together to paint a Starry Night scene on two canvases and it was really fun. It was a popular date night and they took a group photo to prove it (I grabbed these pics from their Facebook page).
The kids love having their grandma & grandpa over, and since I don't have to pay a babysitter my goal is to splurge a bit and make each date night unique. Dinner and a movie is fine but there are so many fun things to do! Chuck said he'd like to have an unstructured date night, but that just doesn't make sense to me... I told him he'd have to plan that one. Painting was great and I'm thinking next we might go to a comedy club or perhaps try making our own wine. I'm open to ideas!
The other highlight of the weekend was taking Aurora to Amelia's baby shower, where she did some painting of her own - decorating bibs! I think Aurora made three, and I'm sure Baby Braiden will look adorable in each of them.
What a fun weekend! Now, to find a place to hang our paintings...




5 comments:
The paintings came out great! You guys look so cute in the Pinot's photos! We enjoyed babysitting.
How about a relaxing evening together? It sounds like you are trying to do too much everyday, LOL.
Well, I guess it depends on what you consider "relaxing." Every night the kids are asleep by 8pm and we sit on the couch and watch TV and movies. Our dates have also included dinners and drinks... what are your favorite date nights, readers?
We enjoy relaxing meals & drinks in restaurants/bars. Nice opportunity to discuss a variety relevant topics like where to travel next, what events we want to attend, listen to live music, talk about our internet marketing business & clients---the list is endless, LOL.
I think you should go out dancing, but I'm not sure Chuck would enjoy that. Dinner and a movie is still my favorite.
Post a Comment