Weeknights are too short, often fussy, and usually feel fairly rushed. We come home, Clark acts like he's starving, we cook, eat, watch TV, read, then head up for bath and bedtime routine. Lately the weather's been so nice that I've been trying to get the family outside to play instead of watching TV. We just dusted off the water table, restocked the bubbles, and got some new-to-us patio chairs, which is really nice. We also head across the street or over to the library whenever we can. This week we went around to the back of the library and found a whole field of bluebonnets! It's bluebonnet season here in Texas and wildflowers are everywhere, lining the highways, roads, parks and businesses. Aurora really wanted to stop on the side of the freeway for pictures with bluebonnets AND indian paintbrushes, but I thought this was a bit safer...
Here's Clarkie playing with his best bud, Will. We were lucky enough to have him over to our house the other evening, which was sweet.
Last week I spent one night out for an event and the kids hardly noticed I was gone because it HAPPENED to be the very night that our Frozen DVD arrived. Phew! And yesterday Aurora came home with her very first homework research project. We spent some quality time looking up information about fireflies online. Her report turned out great! I'm sure I won't always be this enthusiastic about homework, but for now it's kind of amazing just watching her work.
They're learning about flowers and bugs right now - perfect for spring. She came home with this project yesterday as well. I'm so impressed with her writing and drawing!
Weeknights are fine, but I must admit, I'm pretty glad it's the weekend...




2 comments:
Nice that the multi-talented Aurora also likes to do homework. Very interesting projects. It is wonderful to be able to do research online instead of having to go to a library & plow through numerous books, like previous generations.
Beautiful flowers, cute photos. It is great that you are able to spend so much time with the kiddo activities. My childhood was very uneventful when my mother had to work. Looks like being a kid today is a lot of fun with so many things to do.
Sounds like a busy week. Hope this week end was a bit more relaxing.
Post a Comment