Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Job

Last week Aurora went on a field trip, and lots of moms went along as chaperones. She really wanted me to go, but I had a busy day at work and couldn't take the time off. She asked me if I ever go on field trips with my coworkers, and I told her... yes! In fact, earlier this week our team took a field trip to Peter Pan mini-golf for our spring picnic.


Today Aurora had a chance to come on a field trip to my office for Take Our Sons and Daughters to Work Day! We had a fun afternoon aimed at teaching our kids what we do individually and as a team at the Foundation. It included session of LIVESTRONG at School, a painting project with the creative team, recording a thank you video, learning about global telecommunications (by having a video conference with the parents in another room); the kids went through an obstacle course, colored, had snack, laid in the hammock, made new friends AND got a great goodie bag.


I do have a fun job, but Aurora must think I have a REALLY fun job!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

What a nice thing to do! We always enjoy visiting your work, and we don't even get to color!

Cheezhead Robin said...


It's great that you have a job that you really love, along with your coworkers. Awesome photos of the fun experience for the kiddos.

Has Aurora visited Chuck's office yet?

Nancy said...

Glad Aurora was able to participate in the take your child to work day.
Good experience.