Sunday, March 2, 2014

Leaping

I lied. It's winter again. Yesterday was gorgeous and today started out around 70 degrees - but now it's 30 with a chance of precip. It's crazy how we've been alternating between flip flops and boots this year, but either way you can find us making ice cream and leaping around on sidewalk chalk hop scotch boards in the driveway. We've also been enjoying our neighbor's swing...


The main highlight of the weekend was our sweet neighbor Will's birthday party. He's a leap year baby so we couldn't actually celebrate on his birthday, but he made it another year so I say he turned two. For those interested, that's mom & dad's new car - which is actually large enough to carry passengers and home goods! I'm not sure if it had my folks leaping for joy, but they seemed pretty happy with the purchase. I'm sure they're less happy with today's weather. Oh well!

9 comments:

Susanna Powers said...

flip flops and boots! over here we have a lot of those days when I see some people in flip flops and other people in boots. It won't be long till the weather stays warm... cute pictures! love, susanna

Cheezhead Robin said...

Nice looking new vehicle for family transport. What brand, model? Really cute photo on the swing.

We have now had 28 days with temps BELOW ZERO so far this winter, plus 60 inches of snow (Chicago has had close to 80 inches of snow so far this season, and similar freezing temps). Weather records are being shattered. So, intermittent weather with 30's and 70's sounds wonderful to us right now, LOL.

Julian said...

Looks like a Subaru! Very nice. I didn't think you could buy those way down in Texas:)

Ellen said...

It was nice to celebrate Will's birthday along with you. Yep, it's a Subaru Outback, and yep, we'll be glad when the weather warms up!

Cheezhead Robin said...


We have a Subaru Outback, too. Love it, especially good for all the snow we are getting in Cheezland.

Susanna Powers said...

happy birthday to Robert! we seem to have lost his e-mail. love, susanna / johnny / sally

Susanna Powers said...

hi Amber, it's me again. I sent a birthday card to Robert, with the most recent address, but it was returned as undeliverable. My e-mail contacts have also been deleted so I am at a loss. Anyway, hope the birthday is happy. love, sp

Amber said...

My folks aren't very good at keeping their address/email/phone numbers constant! I'll email you with their contact information :)

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Nancy said...

i'm g;ad to be living in Arizona. Our weather changes a lot, but at least we don't have snow and below zero tempertures. it's been in the 60's and 70's. I can get by with a light jacket during the day.

Congratulate you parents on their new car. I don't know much about cars, but it looks nice and from what I hear it's a good choice.