Sunday, June 23, 2013

Siblings


Clark is getting so big and interactive. When Chuck walks in the room, he reaches his arms out and yells "DAAADA!" and when Aurora's around (or when she's not around and he's looking for her) you can hear him repeating "Awawa." She's always been loving to him, but this weekend they actually played together. It was so sweet! I told my dad awhile back that they'd be best friends forever, and he said the best I can hope for is that they don't hate each other. Fair enough. What do you think, blog readers? I can imagine them always being close, but I can't imagine them ever being 12 and 16... I should probably just enjoy (and document) the sweet sibling love while it lasts.

7 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...


Aurora seems to be a very loving person, and I recall she actually wanted a little brother or sister. So, I think there is hope for them. Also, playing with Clarke should give her something to do, too. They also have their own bedrooms for some privacy as they get older.

In my case, I was a surprise baby born 11 years after my sister. She was not happy about sharing a room with a young baby, nor any babysitting. I won't bore you with the whole story, LOL. We haven't spoken to each other in years.

Susanna Powers said...

I think these two will always be important to each other, but I'd say enjoy this time period the most. I love that "awawa"! love, susanna

Anonymous said...

I think they'll always be close - Clarkie adores Aurora and she obviously thinks the world of him.

Julian said...

They will be just fine. Best friends? Nah, they can find their own best friends. Hate each other? No way. Adoring siblings? Yup. But don't think at ages 12 and 16 you won't still be having to teach them regularly what it looks like to be an adoring sibling:)

Bailey said...

There will definitely be some rough patches when Aurora is a teen and Clark is still a "boy," but they both are sweet kind kids, they'll always have each others back. I'm volunteering now to help plan Awawa's sweet sixteen!

Cheezhead Robin said...


A good place to help "predict" the sibling future: consider family sibling situations like Chuck and Andrew, Cheezhead John and Granny Nancy, Julian and Amber, etc. I think all have been good, right?

Nancy said...

Love the pictures.

I think they will have the usual sibling relationship--sometimes good and sometimes fighting--but I'm all for siblings.