Friday, May 24, 2013

Pre-K Graduation

After months of practicing lines, learning songs, and excited anticipation, tonight Aurora graduated from Pre-K! I honestly didn't realize what a big deal this would be, but it was a serious graduation ceremony. The evening started out a little rough, as we had to park and walk up to One World Theatre through mud and pouring rain, but once everybody arrived the event went off without a hitch.


Aurora and Sofia gave the opening speech, the kids sang several cute songs, we saw a very sweet slideshow, then they each walked up to get their diplomas (which, as Sofia pointed out afterwards, was just a white piece of paper). Aurora smiled and waved the whole time and did such a good job. Chuck did take video, but he may have to do some work to get that ready so we'll see if it ends up here or not. Regardless, it was a very special night. After the 3-day weekend she'll go back to the same school and class for the summer, but Kindergarten is right around the corner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great graduation ceremony! Aurora did a fantastic job! We're so proud of her!

Cheezhead Robin said...


Nice photos of Aurora's 1st graduation party. Congrats Aurora!

Nancy said...

Wish I could have been there. But I was able to attend Zeland's graduation from P-K, which I think was similar. Yes, it was a big event. Now our little 5 year olds will be going on to Kindergarten. Unbelievable how time flies.