Friday, August 31, 2012

Food

Since we've been on our own at home we've had friends bringing us food on a fairly regular basis, from homemade lasagna to Whole Foods salads, all delicious and so appreciated. Chuck said he thinks we should just pay our friends to keep bringing meals once maternity leave is over. Hmmm... I have been relying a bit on frozen meals, which are super easy and actually pretty good! We just bought a deep freezer so we can stock up on food and get ready for some serious milk storage as well. Yesterday we had an outing planned and decided to take Clark out for his first sushi (my first sushi in almost a year!), which was a delicious splurge:


Chuck's been tracking his calories with an iPad app during his month-long bonding leave, and he's actually lost a bit of weight. He goes back to work on Tuesday and will once again have buffet-style lunches each day. Hopefully he'll continue tracking his food and making healthier choices. Of course, I can eat pretty much anything and continue to lose weight. Feeding a baby is hard work!

Aurora's school offered breakfast snacks for parents this morning so we could come meet the new teachers and check out their new classrooms. Here she is showing off her pre-K room:


Her teacher told me that she's not eating her school lunches, which often consist of mushy vegetables and things like ham and cheese roll-ups and "blasagna" which I know she doesn't like. They're getting a new food vendor soon and will be updating the menu with healthier options, which I believe she'll prefer. She does eat the snacks they provide - she loves raw fruits and veggies, breads and cheeses, yogurt and raisins, but doesn't seem to like the texture of most cooked or canned foods. I wouldn't be surprised if she also decides to be a vegetarian like her mama. Today I sent her to school with a baggie of spinach and carrots, which made her happy. Strange girl...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice of your friends to bring food over! Mushy veggies and blasagna doesn't sound that great - I'm glad they're getting a new food vendor at Aurora's school. And excuse me, where's our new picture of Clark? We need our Clark fix!

Amber said...

Mama, he's in the sushi picture! You just have to look closely ;)

Anonymous said...

Aw, there he is, sleeping like a little angel! Well, he was hiding! Thanks for letting me know - I can't wait to see you all next month!

Susanna Powers said...

I biggified that photo, Clark is quite experienced. unlike me, typing on the android. things are rough in the hood, trees down everywhere... you have to go the wrong way on a one way street just to get out of our block. but at least its cool in here. surprising how much we miss tv and computer. thanks for these cute photos. love, susanna

Cheezhead Robin said...

Cute photos, especially with Clark hiding in the background, LOL. Sushi doesn't seem to interest him yet. Does Aurora like it?

Hope things go well for Sussah, 2nd time around must be a real bummer.

Bailey said...

Hahaha Aurora is the best at posing!!

Nancy said...

Sounds like you had a good time and Clark slept through it all. That's great.