Monday, August 13, 2012

Current Events

Today Clark is one week old, and it has certainly been an eventful week. I started feeling contractions just as we watched the rover Curiosity land on Mars. The London Olympics just finished up, though I have to admit we didn't watch any of it - our dish was out of alignment and that just happened to be one channel we weren't getting. Those days in the hospital are now just a blur as we settle into our new life at home. Grandma Nancy arrived on Saturday and we're keeping Aurora out of school this week to spend some quality time with the whole family. Here are a few pics from Nancy's camera:


It's nice to have Grandma here to spend time with Aurora while I focus on the baby and keep everybody fed. Chuck is on leave from work and really seems to be enjoying this family time, and Clark is a good eater and a sleepy little guy. What's happening in the rest of the world?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pic's of the 4 of you plus grandma Nancy to give another set of hands.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Clark is doing well. Everyone looks great! Hi to Grandma Nancy!

Sarah L. said...

He sure does look cute in those blankets :) I can't wait to meet him!

sharon. said...

Are you sure you had a baby a week ago? You look amazing!!

Nancy said...

Great pictures! They are mine. First comment on my new iPad. This is cool, but I'm still learning!

Kate MacKinnon said...

How is Clark's mom feeling? :) I'm guessing "tired" is on that list... I'm so excited for you all!Not much new going on here -- just planning for a European vacation! :)
Miss & love you guys.

Cheezhead Robin said...

Granny Nancy now has a new Ipad? YEAH. She really needs it!

Nice photos of the Wadey family together.

We just returned late last night from the Pyrotechnics Guild International fireworks convention in LaPorte, IN last week. The choreographed fireworks shows by the super stars of the fireworks industry were spectacular!! John enjoyed shooting some fireworks, too. Spent Saturday enjoying the beautiful Indiana Dunes National Seashore park on the way home along Lake Michigan.