Keeping Aurora home this week has been a lot of fun. It was also a bit of a challenge, as I had to constantly plan ahead and think of special activities to keep her busy. We did tons of art projects, baked cookies, and played games with her at home - then Clark and I stayed home while Chuck and Nancy took Aurora on fun outings each day. You can see in my last post that they went to the Hoppin' House. Since then, it's been one thing after the other and we have the pictures to prove it!
 |
| Aurora's getting good at Candy Land and UNO |
 |
| She got her Summer Reading prizes from the library |
 |
| We went to the mall and Chuck picked up some Legos |
 |
| Yes, Aurora helped build the Millennium Falcon |
 |
| They had fun at the Children's Museum |
 |
| She even got to see Elmo! |
I've gone out a few times as well. Our first family outing to the mall, a trip to eat at the local catfish restaurant, and a special lunch with friends (more on that in my next post). But for the most part, I've been able to focus on feeding and hanging out with this sweet little guy...
Yes, I'm a little sleep deprived and probably not quite yet operating at 100%, but I sure am lucky to have this time at home to spend with my family.
7 comments:
We've been doing lots of fun activities. it's been great being with everybody.
Clark's hair looks so dark... Think he'll have dark hair like his Mommy? Hugs! Miss you guys!
Clarkie is beautiful, what a sweet face. And Aurora looks like she's having a fun time. I love the new longer wild and free hair style! love, susanna
Nice to see everyone having such a great time together. Awesome that you & Chuck have such generous employers who allow for family time. Most employers today are not nearly as flexible. How long does Chuck get family leave?
Sounds like a fun - and yummy (catfish!) - week. Clark is sooooo cute!
Katie, it's hard to say... I have darker hair now, but we were both blonde as babies and we both have moms with dark hair. We miss you, too!!!
Robin, Chuck's taking a month off, which is amazingly already halfway over. Men are also covered by FMLA but usually only get paid for vacation time that's been accrued. Women also get 6-weeks of short term disability.
Mom, just another month and you'll be eating catfish with us, too!
Aurora's hair in these pics is unreal!!!
Post a Comment