Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy Birthdays and Sad Goodbyes

The last few days have been about as packed as they could've been. After swim lessons and breakfast with one of Aurora's friends Saturday morning, we headed out to the lake to celebrate Amelia's birthday. Aurora especially loved playing and swimming with Cody...


Chuck and I enjoyed sitting in the shade with our friends. I love these girls and can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon. I'm sad to say that couple of my best friends will be moving away soon. After the party at the park, we headed out to a farewell dinner for Bailey.


This picture reminds me of the time when Bailey and I took Aurora out for dinner and a little boy came up to us and said "I have one mommy." Don't we look like a happy family?! Bailey came on board to cover for my first maternity leave, and now she's moving to Delaware to start a new job just before I head out for my second. It's been a pretty good 4+ years.

Laura's also going to be moving. She's heading to California next month, but she'll be staying a bit longer so she can watch Aurora when we go to the hospital to deliver baby #2. She spent some quality time with Aurora yesterday to get the routine down while we went out to dinner and a movie. It was so nice to go out one last time before the baby and celebrate our anniversary, and I think they had just as much fun as we did. Laura took Aurora to a bounce house!


Tonight my friends and I watched our last episode of the Bachelorette all together (though the finale isn't until next week). Bailey gave us a cute "Welcome to Austin" onesie, welcoming little Clark to town just as she's leaving. I feel a little sad that this may be our last time together!


I told Chuck a few weeks ago that my best friends were leaving, so it was up to him to be my best friend again. He responded with something like "I'm giving you another baby." HA! Even so, this does feel like the end of an era, and these ladies will be missed very much in the Wadey household.

Thank goodness we'll still have Amelia, Sarah, Tracey and Jill (and Laura for a little while longer!). Happy Birthday, Amelia!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you have such great friends. Good luck to Bailey and Laura - I'm sure you'll keep in touch. Aurora looks so tall!

Bailey said...

This one made me cry. I'll miss you everyday, thank you for having Aurora and giving me the opportunity to work alongside you these last 4 years. can't wait to meet clark soon.

Julian said...

Sorry about your friends moving away. Followed your blog over the years it is clear that these are great friends indeed. What's that? You're moving too? Back to the Seattle area? Just joking, I made that up folks, but you could! Well, maybe not today...

Cheezhead Robin said...

Why is everyone leaving Austin? It is sad when good friends move away. At least moving from the Naperville, IL area is only about 1 1/2 hours away, so we still get to see our friends occasionally.

Nancy said...

Chuck, your comment to Amber sounds just like you. You need to comfort Amber. Women need tender words, not sarcasm (particularly when they are about to give birth). Consider yourself reprimanded.

Amber, hang in there. It won't be long until you'll have a bouncing, baby boy. It will be worth all the work, effort and discomfort. And I know Chuck feels more tender toward you than he wants to admit.