We're just about halfway through our staycation, which I think it's about the perfect point to update the blog. We've planned a week full of activities - some relaxing, others not so much - all with the idea that Aurora will be at school every day as usual while we take the week off together.
Monday morning started with juicing, a 3.5 mile walk, then lunch and a movie date. We saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which was pretty good. Tuesday we juiced again (that's going to be a recurring theme here), but instead of taking a walk we cleaned the house and Chuck mowed the lawn. I'm not sure which morning workout was more exhausting. Afterwards I got a pedicure while having a state inspection done on my car, then we packed up and headed to the Vintage Villas - a boutique hotel just 30 minutes away, overlooking Lake Travis. They upgraded us to a deluxe balcony suite, which was so nice. Here's a picture of the outside of the building. Our room was basically the entire third floor.
We were welcomed with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. This is just the dining and sitting area... there was another room with a king size bed and a huge bathroom with a double jacuzzi tub. Talk about luxurious relaxation at its finest! People, this is the way you staycation.
Here's the view from our private balcony. Temps were in the high 60's.
I knew when I booked this hotel that they specialized in weddings, and the grounds were just beautiful. After a full breakfast this morning, we walked around and enjoyed the scenery.
I'd like to say I slept in, but alas, I was awake just after 7am as usual. Chuck on the other hand... he slept as late as he possibly could to still get to breakfast on time. It may have helped that he got all the champagne (not that I'm jealous or anything, harrumph). Aurora's teacher brought her home yesterday and spent the night, then drove her to school this morning. It sounds like they had a great time, too!
After check-out, Chuck and I continued with our pre-scheduled activities, but I'm saving those for the next post. Let's just say it's been a busy afternoon and there's more to come. But a night (and morning) of quiet relaxation all alone... this might just be the highlight of our week!
7 comments:
Looks like a great week so far, we miss you at HQ!! Have fun with the rest of your activities.
Looks like a nice place, relaxation in a beautiful spot is always good.
What a pretty place - glad your staycation is going well.
Mom - I hope dad's having a nice birthday and liked the gift we sent home with you!
Gosh, send Aurora to school and spend the morning "Juicing"... embarrassing!
Oh Julian... maybe the next blog I'll have to teach you what juicing means! Yowza.
Amber, I tried to "like" your last comment...but alas, this isn't Facebook! You know I was just messing with you. I'm thinking the delete button may be in order.
Post a Comment