Sunday, September 11, 2011

Haircuts

It's hard to believe, but this week marked 15 years since Chuck graduated from Marine Corp boot camp. That's just crazy... 15 years ago we were only 19 years old, living together and getting engaged, thinking he'd probably become a pilot. It was about that time when he came home with his first set of clippers and showed me how to give him a fade. If he had his way, I'd still be buzzing it that short today! Regardless, 15 years later I am still giving him haircuts.


Chuck was a Marine Corp Reserve for many years. On this day 10 years ago he was pretty certain he'd be called to active duty. We were living in Glendale, California and Chuck was just finishing his last year at Art Center. Not long after, he was diagnosed with cancer. Those were a few uncertain years, but here we are today - in good health, with jobs we love, and of course with one adorable little daughter.


Her hair has been getting a little out of control so I gave it a trim this weekend as well. You never know where life will take you - but all things considered, we're looking good at the Wadey house.

3 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Great blog, from the heart. The Amber-Chuck Wadey Team is a great example of a husband-wife team going through the extreme ups & downs of life together. Now you are truly Purrrfect Parents for Aurora. Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Kris O said...

I am glad all had turned out well for all three Wadeys. I love the pigtails.