Last year I was a bit torn as to whether or not I should sign Aurora up for dance. They offer it through school and many of her friends were doing it, but she was just 2 years old and it seemed a bit much. Honestly, I'm really glad we waited - she was so little. Now she's a big 3 year old who can tell me what she wants, and yes - she wants to dance. I think visiting Lillie solidified it for both of us. Lillie's been dancing for 5 years and she loves it. So, I signed Aurora up and she starts next week!
Even with a registration fee, monthly fee, costume fee, and recital fee, we still had some shopping to do for her leotard, tights, ballet slippers and tap shoes. First we went to Target, hoping to find everything we needed. We only found leotards, and there were a lot of colors and styles to choose from. Here's her first pose in the new dance duds:
Today we went to Payless and found ballet shoes, tap shoes, and even a cute dance bag to keep them in. Amazingly, she chose turquoise and black over pink:
Why is this amazing? Because 30 years ago I took dance for a very short time, and my mom let me choose my outfit as well:
Everybody else wore red, white and pink - and I'm guessing Aurora's friends will as well. But, she clearly loves her choices and I think she looks adorable. Turns out, shopping for dance stuff was a lot more fun than I expected. Here's hoping dance class will be just as fun!


3 comments:
Another new adventure for the talented Aurora. Mommy & daughter do have a lot in common. Hope she likes the Beatles, too, just like her mom with the album behind her, LOL!
How amazing that Aurora chose the same colors! She looks so cute, and Dad and I loved seeing the picture of you, too.
I just love it when you find and post a picture of you (Amber) at the same age as Aurora, thanks. So cute to compare the two of you and amazing about the same pick in colors.
Glad you had a wonderful trip to Seattle. You and Julian wrote such neat blogs about it and posted great photos.
Post a Comment