This is so precious. Thanks Ellen for sending it and thanks Amber for posting it. I am so glad you saved it (the photo and the sweater).
The mother of one of my roommates at college saved all her flannel pajamas thru the years as she outgrew them as a child.....and then turned them into quilts, filled with memories. As there were three daughters I keep wondering how the mother of my friend had the storage space and organization to keep it all. The quilts were amazing and much cherished. (She grew up in Minnesota, thus the flannel pajamas.)
It must have been the fall of 78 when your family visited us in Atlanta. This is the infamous time of baby Amber running around in Johnny's living room with a chicken leg. So to see you looking so formal and sophisticated only a few months later... it must be that sweater. And your hair is indeed very lovely. I remember another photo a little while later when you were standing on a chair, stirring a pot on the stove. Hopefully you were a little older for that activity. love, sp
7 comments:
You both look so cute in the sweater. Such beautiful, sweet girls... Maybe one day Aurora's daughter can wear the sweater.
This is so precious. Thanks Ellen for sending it and thanks Amber for posting it. I am so glad you saved it (the photo and the sweater).
The mother of one of my roommates at college saved all her flannel pajamas thru the years as she outgrew them as a child.....and then turned them into quilts, filled with memories. As there were three daughters I keep wondering how the mother of my friend had the storage space and organization to keep it all. The quilts were amazing and much cherished. (She grew up in Minnesota, thus the flannel pajamas.)
Did Aurora recognize her mom in the photo, LOL! Nice photos.
I believe Aurora's exact reaction was "Awwww, what a sweet little girl. Mommy, that was you? I like your hair."
Aurora is inheriting not only sweaters but dialogue as well. Love you both AND your hair!
So nice to have the old picture and sweater for comparison.
It must have been the fall of 78 when your family visited us in Atlanta. This is the infamous time of baby Amber running around in Johnny's living room with a chicken leg. So to see you looking so formal and sophisticated only a few months later... it must be that sweater. And your hair is indeed very lovely. I remember another photo a little while later when you were standing on a chair, stirring a pot on the stove. Hopefully you were a little older for that activity. love, sp
Post a Comment