If you know me, you know that I love The Bachelorette. The whole concept is horrible, and watching one person date a bunch of other people at once is actually sort of gross and pathetic. But ABC sure knows how to make it into great TV! Seriously, I do love the show, but I REALLY love my girlfriends, who also love (or maybe sort of like or put up with or potentially secretly hate) the show.
I haven't blogged about our girl's nights lately because they haven't really been happening as often as they used to. The group has expanded to other friends and friends of those friends, and Chuck works just late enough that it's hard for me to get out to their houses each week. This week was about hometown dates, so I invited our original group to come home - to our house - and each girl brought a dish that reminds them of home. What would you have brought?
7 comments:
Guava jelly.
(Quite common in Miami but hard to find up here in NH.)
What did they each bring?
I love Aurora's funny face in the second picture. I don't know what I'd have brought...hm...
Oyster po-boys. might combine well with the guava jelly. love, sp
I was born and bred in Texas so I brought Frito Pie...with vegetarian chili of course. Partly so that Amber could eat it and I also thought it was appropriate since I live in hippie granola Austin.
I will definitely miss our girls night once I have my own little rugrat this fall!
Bailey made Buffalo chicken salad, Amelia did baked brie with apples and sweet onions, Laura made pizza, Sarah's frito pie was a hit, and I did quiche and chocolate chunk cookies (and wine).
Susanna, I really would've enjoyed those oyster po-boys, and Guava jelly sounds delish! You're both invited next time ;)
I would have made my mom's potato salad. Sounds like you had enough good food without it.
We need to have more "original crew" get togethers-- they are just the right size, and I miss my ladies! :D
Post a Comment