Thursday, May 6, 2010

It's peanut butter jelly time

Lately the only thing Aurora wants for dinner is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Don't get me wrong, I love a good PB&J, and since she eats dinner before we do (before Chuck even gets home from work), I can't exactly say "No, you're eating what we're eating." I say "Aurora, are you ready for dinner?" and she very nicely says "Yeah, I want a jelly sandwich." I might respond with something along the lines of "Wouldn't you like some pasta? How about rice and beans?" to which she replies "No, I want a jelly sandwich." I can offer cheese, yogurt, fruit - and she'll gladly take those too. But INSISTS that they come along with a jelly sandwich.

She's also been insisting upon a later bedtime (and no, a later bedtime does not equal a later wake time). She cries if mommy isn't the one helping her brush her teeth, and forces me to come downstairs with her in the morning even when I'm not dressed yet and Chuck is. She knows exactly which book she wants read by whom and where that person should be sitting. Anything else is unacceptable.

I've been wondering how much of this is just normal 2-year old behavior, exerting independence - and how much she's learning from me! I mean, I can be kind of bossy...

3 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Perhaps this is a good time to introduce the spaghetti fork to intrigue her to enjoy pasta again, LOL? Maybe she can try it with Granny Nancy while she is visiting?

I used to enjoy peanut butter & jelly, too. Mmmmmmmm!

Nancy said...

If it's in the genes, there's not too much you can do about it. However, I think it is probably a passing phase. Enjoy it while you can. Who knows what's coming next!

You and Chuck both turned out well (and you both don't insist upon peanut butter jelly sandwiches now) so I assume she probably will too.

Anonymous said...

Hey, we just had peanut butter sandwiches for lunch today - very yummy! As for the bossy stuff - yes, she takes after her mom, but her mom has usually been right.