Sunday, August 2, 2009

We got it!

My summer project was to find a swing set for Aurora. I started by asking my facebook friends what they'd recommend, and they kindly lead me to Rainbow Systems and Costco. I checked out the selection online and got a Costco membership just in case. They sell Rainbow sets (among others), and of course they're also great for diapers, milk, and snacks. After some thought and searching, I decided that those sets are just too big, too expensive, and too advanced for us right now. So, I found the perfect alternative - a big plastic swing set made for toddlers and kids through about age 6. As much as I liked it, it was also pretty expensive and hard to find. I started looking on craigslist every weekend - I looked, and looked, and looked. For over a month I've been searching, and this weekend it finally paid off! I got the exact $599 swing set I wanted for only $200!!!


Bailey and Kreuzer brought their pick-up truck and helped us get it home. The boys put it together, and now it's finally ours...


It's got a nice big slide, two swings, and a cool little clubhouse underneath. The whole time we were playing, Aurora just kept clapping and saying "Yay!!" while grinning from ear to ear.


Aurora loves it and I know it'll give her years of fun. Looking out the window, this house really feels like a family lives here - and I really feel like a parent. Not that I didn't before, but wow. We've got a swing set in our yard!


We're so fortunate to have such great friends, willing to spend the whole day helping us out. Thanks guys!!!

11 comments:

Cheezhead Robin said...

Hurrah for Aurora, looks like she approves! Yes, you may not have Grannys nearby, but you do have some wonderful friends in Austin.

Bailey said...

Couldn't have thought of a better way to spend a Saturday.
Yay for swing sets!!!!

Bailey said...

I mean Sunday--it's late and that kid wears me
out, give me a break ;)

Amber said...

Hey, you spent part of Saturday with us too - it's all a blur!

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

Yay! What a great swing set! Congrats!

Julian said...

Very nice swing set, great deal too!

Nancy said...

I can't wait to try it out. Will it hold 117 lbs? If not, I will just have to pass--darn. Aurora does look like she's having a ball with it. She and Zeland should have fun swinging and sliding together at Thanksgiving--not that far away now.

Amber said...

Nancy, don't break our swing set! You can just assist the toddlers :)

Cheezhead Robin said...

I think Granny Nancy is a kid at heart, LOL! She just loves to go through the kiddie maze at Apple Holler when she visits Cheezland. Great playmate for A & Z.

Unknown said...

Sweet!! Can't wait to see the babies or should I say toddlers play on the swing set together.

Nancy said...

It will be fun just assisting the toddlers. I'll have to find a park with big swings I can swing on. Nancy