Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More More More!

We've taken Aurora to the Hill Country Galleria many times, but she's never been too interested in playing in the water fountain. I think it might be because of the day we spent in the pool, or perhaps she's just getting more adventurous - but this time she got totally SOAKED!!! I mean, her little pants were dripping wet and her shoes took 2 days to dry out!

When I told her it was time to go, she started walking away, then turned back and sadly signed "more." She usually uses that in situations where she wants more milk, crackers, banana, etc... this was totally adorable.


This evening she didn't need to sign for more, she said it clearly, along with cracker, banana (er, nanny) and thank you. She's such a good, polite, sweet girl.


Speaking of MORE, I'm getting a new title at work which will include more responsibility. I think this will be a great position for me and I'm excited about it!

9 comments:

Kris O said...

Congrats on the new position.

She is just so darn cute. I can not believe how big she is getting.

Susanna Powers said...

what's your new job? love, susanna

Amber said...

For the past few years I've been in charge of the volunteer and intern programs, and now I'll be managing our constituent relations, concierge and outreach initiatives as well (which means I'll be managing 2 staff members).

Cheezhead Robin said...

Wow, congratulations on your promotion & being a wonderful parent. Perhaps Aurora was celebrating in the fountain!

Amber said...

I'm excited about the position, but it's hard because a few of my friends/co-workers had their position's eliminated - even from the team I am now working with. So, it's an adjustments, but it'll be good.

Amber said...

Regardless, Aurora's still the smartest and cutest kiddo!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job Amber. HIgh five for promotions! We can celebrate both our promotions in November!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on the new job!

Thanks goodness for fountains to cool off in in the summer. I assume it's hot in Austin right now. Aurora was taking advantage of a good thing.

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

Congrats on the job! Aurora sure is cute playing in the fountain!