Every morning we have a routine that I'm afraid is going to change. We wake up when Aurora wakes up, around 6:30 or 6:45am, and I get ready while Chuck takes her downstairs for breakfast. Then we all gather up our stuff and go around 7:20am. Actually, during the summer we could wait until about 7:35am and I'd get to work by 8:00, but now I need to leave by 7:20am - back to 40 minute commutes. Ho hum.
Regardless, my FAVORITE part of the morning is when Chuck & Aurora go outside to sit in the driveway and wave bye-bye! It's so darn cute. Aurora waves, blows kisses, and says "bye-bye!" over and over as I drive away. Sometimes she's sad when she knows it's time for me to leave, but she's always happy when she's waving.
Chuck does the drop off and I pick up, which I'm sure won't be changing. But I'm afraid that soon it'll be too dark in the AM and Chuck & Aurora will want to sleep in longer - then before you know it, it'll be too dark to wave good-bye. Knowing that may be the case, I took pictures today.
I won't miss the heat of summer, but I will miss this. Of course, it's worth it to come home early and spend the evenings with my girl.
3 comments:
Way too cute... I'm absolutely not anywhere near thinking about kids, but this is definitely the kind of thing I can't wait for.
Hello to little 'Rora 'Roo!
It's cool you have such a routine. Maybe as it gets dark you can develop another routine like Aurora waving good bye from the doorway. Or you could encourage Aurora and Chuck to get up and go outside in the dark.
I like the Fall, too, even though it stays dark longer and gets dark earlier because the high temperatures come down.
Aw, very cute routine! We can't wait to see little Aurora and you guys next month!
Post a Comment