Thursday, July 23, 2009

Birthdays and Babysitters

Last weekend we had birthday parties two nights in a row, which meant two yummy dinners and two babysitters!

Friday evening Teresa was nice enough to come over so that Chuck and I could head to Hula Hut to celebrate Amelia’s 25th Birthday.

Saturday night one of Aurora’s teachers babysat while we went to Z-Tejas for Daniela’s 30th Birthday party. We don'’t see Daniela as often as we used to, and it was great to catch up with her and many other friends, including Teresa (above). Okay, so we see her a lot!

Going out is pretty rare for us these days, so going out two nights in a row… unheard of. It was almost like pre-baby times! Thank you to Amelia and Daniela for having birthdays, and happy birthday to Grandma Nancy, who celebrated her 65th birthday today! She should’ve received some flowers at work... so many important birthdays all at once!!!

Last week was also Aurora’s 15 month birthday, and tomorrow morning is her well-baby doctor visit. I know you really come here for the baby updates, and I promise a good one is on its way.

3 comments:

Daniela said...

I'm so glad you guys used one of your outings & babysitters for coming to my birthday :)

Cheezhead Robin said...

Good to see you having some non-baby related fun, too. It's really nice that your single girlfriends actually enjoy babysitting for Aurora.

I know Granny Nancy really appreciated the flowers from the Texas Wadeys.

Nancy said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I received the flowers at work on my birthday(Thursday) and was thrilled to get them. I sent you pictures of them today (Monday). Hope you received them.

I don't like getting old, but I guess it's better than the alternative.

Chuck's birthday is coming up soon. My birthday always reminds me of his.