Yesterday I got a call from daycare saying that Aurora wasn't feeling very well - wasn't eating and was sort of just sitting in the corner by herself. Next thing they knew, she had thrown up. I took her home and tried to feed her, but no... that definitely wasn't happening. Then she threw up again and this time it was a lot. I mean, maybe I should've warned you ahead of time not to read this part if you're squeamish or eating, but it was a LOT!!! I almost didn't tell you about it at all, but I have to say - I think I seriously earned a badge of motherhood yesterday. I kept my cool, grabbed the paper towels and started cleaning up while comforting and holding her. Washed both of our hands, swiffered the floor, changed her clothes, and suddenly it was as if nothing ever happened.
Seriously. Aurora looked up at me and smiled, then started eating everything in sight! I knew she could sign "all done," but I didn't realize how well she could sign for "more." I started with juice and crackers, moved on to milk and graham crackers, and just kept bringing her more and more. It was a good thing.
This morning I stayed with her for longer than usual, but then brought her into daycare, knowing they didn't really want her there. Honestly, I'm sure it was something she ate and it was out of her system. They reluctantly took her, and said that I had to come get her right away if she was giving any signs of being sick. I kept my cell phone on me all day, and I did feel bad about leaving her - I mean, I felt bad in the sense that I don't want other mom's bringing their sick kids into daycare. But I knew she was fine - and she was. In fact, here's a picture her teacher took of her today! She's so cute...

The first thought I had when they called me was "uh oh, I just booked tickets to Seattle, and now she's sick!" That's right... we're going to Seattle THIS WEEKEND! It's true, Sunday is Father's Day - but it's also the first ever LIVE
STRONG Challenge Seattle, and my brother's riding 100 miles!!! We're leaving Friday afternoon and coming back Monday night. Aurora will get to play with Jack, Avery, Lillie and Hansen, and we'll get to ride in the pedicabs during the 5K. I can't wait!
Chuck... well, let's just say his Father's Day present will be freedom. The freedom to sleep in, play video games, go see Terminator in the theater, and work (or not work) as much as he wants. I actually think it's the perfect gift.
6 comments:
You are probably right, Daddy Chuck could enjoy a weekend away from Fatherhood. Glad Aurora looks well enough to enjoy my favorite city, Seattle.
Seattle was actually my very first trip, (I was 3 years old) when my mom took me to visit our relatives there. We took the train all the way from Chicago! My father had to work, so he didn't get to travel with us.
I blame the meat.
poor kid. I was thinking the same thing Lena said, it was some sort of zoological. Love, susanna
We're glad Aurora's feeling all right now. Poor little sweetie having an upset tummy like that! But whatever it was didn't want to be in her tummy, so it's good that it's out. Have a great time in Seattle! Aurora is quite the traveler!
When Preston was that age he would occasionally just eat too much. Then he would barf it all...and like you said, tons and tons of barf. Then he would be done and better. I think these youngsters learning how to eat just don't know when to say when!
Glad Aurora is feeling better. Have a great time in Seattle.
Post a Comment