Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where’s the baby?

Yesterday my friend Amelia came over to watch “The Bachelorette," and arrived early enough to play with Aurora before she went off to bed. You already know that Aurora loves having books read to her, and she also likes to pretend she’s reading (which usually involves holding a book upside down and making gurgling noises). Yesterday she pulled out a big book of activities to do with your baby, full of photos of parents doing each activity with their baby. She flipped it open and pointed to a baby… sort of said the word “baby” (though, it kind of sounded more like a cross between “daddy” and “diaper” at first), then turned to the next page and did it again… and again… and again!

Amelia caught on right away and started asking “Where’s the baby?”, and Aurora loved identifying the little kiddos on each page. I can’t tell if she likes babies, or if she realizes she’s a baby, but it was an awfully cute game. Once she got it wrong and actually pointed to a daddy. But honestly… do I have the smartest daughter or what!?

Monday might be our favorite night of the week now.

5 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Slane said...

Yes, Aurora's the smartest AND cutest baby there is!

Nancy said...

How cute! Aurora certainly is doing all kinds of new stuff and is smart as a whip. However, I would say she is one of the two smartest and cutest babies there are.

Amber said...

Hey, my mom's the one who said cutest and smartest BABY, I just said smartest DAUGHTER!

Nancy said...

Thanks for the clarification. I was speaking to the Grandparents" Slane comment. They just have never seen Zeland. I'm sure they would think he was cute and smart too. I think we can agree that Aurora is the cutest "girl" baby and Zeland is the cutest "boy" baby.

Unknown said...

Aurora is adorable and clearly very smart! Cant wait to see her in November. We are still trying to figure that out. Not sure if we will drive or fly. Flying seems much less hassle and would require less time off work but driving may save us the expense of three plane tickets. We will have to discuss this Grandma Nancy.