It’s been awhile since I’ve shared a daily schedule with you. This is partly because I don’t want to brag, and partly because I don’t want to temp fate. Our schedule has been really good. I’m lucky enough to have a husband who can take the baby to daycare, a job that is extremely flexible, and (since about the time Aurora got good at eating solid foods) a daughter who’s the best sleeper. So, here’s how our days have been going lately:
6:45am – Aurora and I wake up, Rora’s first feeding
7:00am – Chuck wakes up, I shower and get ready
7:30am – I pack everybody’s food and head to work
8:00am – I get to work, Chuck brings Aurora to daycare
11:00am – Aurora gets an 8 oz bottle and ½ jar baby food
3:00pm – Aurora gets her second bottle
4:00pm – I leave work and pick Rora up from daycare
5:30pm – Aurora eats rice cereal, fruits and veggies
6:00pm – Bath time, playtime, and story time
6:30pm – Rora’s last feeding and bedtime
7:00pm – Dinnertime
I watch TV and do the dishes, Chuck keeps working… then we go to bed some time between 10:00-11:00pm.
How could this be more perfect? Well, I really do wish I could spend more time with my baby. I basically get just over 2 hours/day with her, and on the days Chuck goes into the office, he only sees her for an hour. Also, if we could go out every now and again while Aurora’s sleeping, that would be nice. Luckily, I do enjoy cooking, and we’re both homebodies for the most part… but really, by 9:00pm I miss my baby and often feel a little bored. Thank goodness for blogging and weekends!
1 comment:
Sounds like you have everything under control. It's really great when things run smoothly. Your schedule is a little too busy for me. I enjoy the slower pace of grandmotherhood.
Post a Comment