Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Yes sir, that's my baby...

Now that Aurora can roll over, she's been scooting and pulling herself around while making the silliest squealing and gurgling sounds! I think she's going through another growth spurt too - suddenly I've had to double how much milk I bring to daycare for her. After months of wondering if I'd always over-produce milk, suddenly I'm thinking we may need to boost production to keep up. Time to buy some more Guinness!

Anyway, my mom told me after Aurora was born that one thing's for sure, "we don't need to go on Maury to find out who the father is." Indeed. I just gave Chuck a shorter haircut and now they look even MORE alike!!! I don't think these are the greatest of photos of all time, but just look at these features. She has his nose EXACTLY, and his lips, and if his eyes were only open wider... oh dear. Does she look like me at all!?

Oh well. There is something super sweet about a happy little daddy's girl.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can empathize with you over the fact that Aurora seems to have all her daddy's features and none (or very little)of her mommy's. When Chuck was born I went into shock. I had carried this baby for 9 months and he didn't look like me at all (He was very blond and fairskinned). The first thing my parents said when they saw him for the first time was, "He looks just like Chuck (his daddy)! Talk about a deflated ego. But at least there was no question who his daddy was (not that that there was any reason for doubt). Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber, maybe she'll inherit many of your great personality traits like your savvy outgoing personality, strong organizational skills, flair for writing, singing voice (rock star potential or karaoke), and fantastic selling skills for eBay. Of course, you'll have to wait awhile to determine which ones. Cheezhead Robin

Julian said...

No worries Amber, just don't let her go out with her hair in a crew cut, square glasses on, and a scruffy beard! Once she gets her long curly hair, cute dresses with fancy shoes, and her own voice, you and Chuck will be equally lost in the background.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I did say that, and I stick by it!

Jennifer said...

Today Matt did something with his face and looked exactly like Larkin, and I thought about Aurora and Chuck looking so much alike and figured you and I may be in the same boat.

Larkin loved meeting you and Aurora yesterday!

Anonymous said...

I think she's got your eyes (shape I can't tell yet, but I be the irises will stay that big bright blue--maybe get a little green-- like her momma). Plus these pictures do hint at a strong widow's peak that would definitely be from you. :o) Plus she already seems more the outgoing personality than her daddy's shy style...I'm with Robin on that one.

Anonymous said...

oops that was supposed to be "...I bet the irises..."

Amber said...

Jennifer - all I can say is, good thing we have cute husbands :)

Robin & Kate - that's so sweet, thank you! I do hope she has my low blood pressure, my good vision, and my outgoing nature. My eye color and widow's peak would be neat too. And truthfully, I was hoping she'd have Chuck's nose.

But Julian, you're right - once she has her own personality, none of that will matter as much!