Sunday, August 3, 2008

Caught on tape

This morning I got Aurora rolling over on video! She had just rolled over effortlessly, when I grabbed the camera and put her back on her back. Of course, once I started filming, she got a little distracted. But she does roll over successfully at the end, and it’s an all around super cute video of my super cutie being, well, super cute! She'll be crawling before we know it...



Another aspect of Rora’s recent growth spurt is that I’ve had to retire all of her 0-3 month clothes. She’s wearing 3-6 month stuff now, and I’m shopping around for 6-9 month outfits so that we’re ready when she gets even bigger. I haven’t decided yet what to do with the clothes she outgrows. Right now I’m putting them in a big plastic bin, and a lot of it is gender neutral so I think it's a good idea to save it. But I feel a little selfish just storing it – should I be giving some away, or lending it out?? Maybe just keeping my favorite pieces? It’s crazy to think that only 3 months ago her little newborn pants were way too big on her!!!

I should also mention that Friday was Chuck’s 31st birthday! We’ve had a fun and relaxing weekend, going out to eat, splurging on the desserts, and doing a little shopping. Thanks to our parents and my grandparents, who remembered his day and sent him cards. Happy Birthday Charlie!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Papa Chuck,

We recall your first visit with Amber to Cheezland when the bartender at the Kenosha Yacht Club couldn't believe you were actually over 21. I think you were 23 or 24 at the time. Hope Aurora inherits your youthful looks when she gets older. The Cheezheads

Unknown said...

She is super cute! I look forward to Zeland rolling over. He can go from his tummy to his back but I don't think that really counts!

Jennifer said...

Good job Aurora! Such a big girl!

Daniela said...

Happy belated birthday Chuck! Love the video too! Is the next one going to be one of her laughing out loud (and Chuck singing in?) I think your fans would enjoy that :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Rora! A little happy birthday treat for Chuck, too!
What a great year it will be.

Anonymous said...

What a cute video of Aurora rolling over. I'm so glad you taped it for us all to see.
Nancy