Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm sooo-o-o tired

I started feeling fatigued before I even knew I was pregnant, and for awhile there I was getting serious brain fog everyday at around 2 or 3pm (must... nap...) and could fall asleep any night at 9pm, easy. Well, now that I'm officially starting my 2nd trimester this week (yikes!) I've been expecting the fatigue to go away. And I have had some good energy spurts - like this past weekend, walking a 5K for the LIVESTRONG Challenge - I felt like running!

So, here I am thinking the fatigue is over, and now this (ominous music here). Okay, let me preface this by telling you that for the past 2 months I have been waking up at least once in the middle of the night to pee, so I'm used to that. But I usually get right back to sleep with no issues. I mean, I'm exhausted! This week, I started waking up at 3 or 4am - needing to drink a little water, use the bathroom, whatever - but for some reason I just can't get back to sleep!!!

Last night I actually read my book for an hour, in the middle of the night, trying to get myself to crash again. And this morning I'm just SO tired I can hardly stand it. Coffee would help, but no, not an option.

In other news - and this is BIG news - we went bra shopping again earlier this week. I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but I'm not even really showing yet, and I am now wearing a 36DD. Stop the madness!!!

I actually bought a maternity bra this time, which is not quite as lovely or attractive as I'd like, but boy if it's not the most comfortable thing I've worn in weeks. Thanks again to Nancy for the $50 JCPenney gift certificate... it was just put to good use ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep as much as u can, and learn to relax.... Drink lots of water to help with the prenatal vitamins, if you don't you will get soooo backed up, you will hate life...Palmers organic coco butter oil/lotion,and also olive oil will help your skin strech... Vitamin e works great tooo... Use as often as you can 3+ a day. Congrats to u both