Monday, May 8, 2017

Outside

I realize I've been posting A LOT about trail running, but I keep discovering new places during our weekly group runs and it's been so much fun! Both kids have been surprisingly enthusiastic about spending their weekends adventuring outside to the cool places I tell them about. Last week we ended up at this gorgeous vista on the way to a rusted out dump truck, and this weekend the kids were up for the hike.


Clark suffers the same seasonal allergies I do but it doesn't stop him from wanting to go outside now that the weather is so nice. Lately he's been less interested in the iPad and more interested in coming up with games using a beach ball or frisbee. He's so funny and enthusiastic every turn. Imagine a game of frisbee with this silly little dude running around giving play-by-play commentary and slow-mo replays of what the frisbee did (or almost did).


Chuck only likes to be outside when there's plenty of shade. This weekend we had a date night and went to an outdoor concert venue! It was after sunset and could not have been more perfect. We did have a few margaritas ahead of time, which may have helped... 

3 comments:

Ellen said...

We're glad you're having fun - Clark is certainly creative!

Cheezhead Robin said...

I recall when Chuck & Andrew were growing up, neither were really into the outdoors like their mom, Granny Nancy. Nice to see the kiddos more active outdoors. Looks like a fun date night!

Julian said...

Clark doing slow-motion replays must be hilarious!