Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Bunnies

As brand new members of our Lake Park Community Association, this was our first Easter celebration in the 'hood, and boy have we been missing out. Not only were there egg hunts for each age group (adults included), there was an Easter Bunny AND egg races! I wasn't sure my kids were going to get this whole egg race thing, but as I explained it to Clark he responded with his signature phrase, "I know that, Mommy." Clark ended up winning first place in his age group and Aurora was so far ahead of the pack I was sure she had it, until she put on the brakes just a little too early and her egg went flying.


This morning the Easter Bunny stopped by our house and left the kids some pretty amazing toys and treats. Aurora got a Barbie and Clark got a Transformer! Aurora swears she saw the Easter Bunny hop past our window this morning...


This afternoon we went to a friend's house for their annual petting zoo and egg hunt. There were fewer kids than usual and the house is on the market so this may be their last year hosting this awesome event, but the kids had a blast. Who wouldn't love holding REAL bunnies?


This has been a big week, and next week will be even bigger! With Kindergarten Roundup, the Spring Choir Concert, and Aurora's birthday - I may need to post twice. I will say that while Aurora is VERY excited to be turning 9 in just a couple of days, it became clear this weekend that she's getting close to aging up or out of some pretty fun activities. She truly loves being a kid and I don't think it's occurred to her that she's getting too big for anything, just that there's injustice in this world anytime Clark gets more or better. I love the way the kids have been playing together lately and am in no hurry for either of them to grow up. Happy Easter!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

Loved your Easter pictures. I cannot believe that Aurora is turning 9 today. She is such a beautiful, sweet young girl. You and Chuck have done a great job. Celebrate and enjoy Aurora's special day!!

Cheezhead Robin said...


It's really nice that the kiddos get along so well together! Looks like you all had fun. We had a delicious buffet at Baker Street Pub in Kenosha.

Happy Bday, Aurora! Is Granny Nancy going to Austin for Aurora's Birthday celebration week?