Well, it's been tough few days but I'm happy to report that I finished the Austin Half Marathon and earned the final magnetic piece of my Distance Challenge puzzle. Instead of recounting the whole thing here, I'll just let you read the latest (and last!) installment on the Austin Runners Club blog. I'm kind of digging this on-course photo, and here are the pictures from the blog; showing off my leg muscles and a whole lotta bling:
I've been recovering with lots of hydration, food, and sleep, plus yoga, massage, and another visit to the chiropractor. I'm feeling surprisingly good considering yesterday's effort! My chiropractor was happy to see that I was smiling and walking, and he said my back was much better today, so I guess all those hills must've been good for me.
I am glad to have today off. I hate to say it, but the kids have spent the majority of the weekend playing video games and watching movies while I've been out and about. I'd like to say now that the Distance Challenge is over my running days are behind us for awhile - but alas, there are more races on the calendar and more medals to be earned! I do plan on scaling back next year and limiting myself to one or two big events. And contrary to what everyone is thinking - I am not interested in increasing my distance or doing a full marathon. You may think I've been going a little crazy with these half marathons, but I'm only half crazy...



3 comments:
Congrats on the racing achievements! You really put a lot of effort into it, great inspiration for the kiddos. Cute photos, good memories.
Awesome job!! Love your photos too. Enjoy your success and take time to recover.
Awesome job on the distance challenge! I'm sure the kids enjoyed some video game and movie time.
Post a Comment