It's the night before Christmas Eve and I finally have a few minutes to myself. Actually, I had quite a bit of time to myself today as the County closed its offices at Noon! I did yoga and got a pedicure before picking Aurora up from her Harry Potter themed winter camp at the Zach Theatre. She spent an awesome 3-days going to classes like History of Magic, Charms, and the Care of Magical Creatures. Clark spent two days with Grandma, Grandpa and Finley, then today he hung out with Chuck. It sounds like the boys had a good time shopping and going to the park.
Last weekend we saw the Starlight Symphony Orchestra playing holiday music at the Hays County Performing Arts Center. We sat up in the back this year and they sounded great!
On Sunday we got to visit my friend's new baby before Amelia and Braden came over to decorate cookies. The last time we did this, Aurora was the only little one. Now she's the only little one big enough to actually decorate cookies!
This year I have to cram all the holiday magic into the weekends. I used to get these two weeks off as the Foundation always closed from Christmas to New Years. By next year I'll have accrued time off, but I'll be spending next week at work. Nancy, Andrew and Zeland will be here and I'm sure Chuck and the kids can keep them busy without me. Of course, I'm very excited to have the family together for food, presents, movies, video games, and all sorts of fun festivities. Until then; Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!


3 comments:
Have a wonderful Christmas! love, susanna & johnny
Nice that Nancy, Andrew and Zealand can join you this year. Yes, the Livestrong organization did have very generous vacation & time off policies, but government jobs often have good time off policies, including sick days.
Aurora's winter camp sounds very interesting, and time with grandparents, plus Finley, sounds good for Clark. Hope the new doggie is adjusting well to his new family. Looking forward to more photos of him.
I'm watching the beautiful pre-recorded Disney Parade along Chicago's Magnificent Mile on TV now. We enjoyed attending many years ago.
Merry Christmas to all; Enjoy the time with family.
Uh, Slane kids all want to go to Harry Potter winter camp! Merry Christmas Wadeys!
Post a Comment